Monday, July 28, 2014

Stop Dead Socks

Okay so I pulled all of my socks out....and let's take a look at them...




What do we notice?  Heel flaps and gussets, that's where I stop......All of these are still first socks...
The top one is Faces in the Wallpaper..and I need to rip it back to the beginning of the heel flap, as I have way too many stitches...

The second is Kai-Mei....I was stymied on the lace bit..I now have a little more experience, so think I can get this one done...these were why I learned to knit..I wanted these socks so badly...

The third is a plain vanilla sock...and luckily, I found my notes, so I know what the heel flap is now, but I think I'm going to rip it our and do the Eye of Partridge heel....

The last is Hermione's Everyday socks...and again...I'm on the gusset....

Meanwhile, I started another pair of vanilla socks, these Vanilla Latte
I finished the heel flap today and ham working on the gussets....the first one looks short, but it fits nicely...

Then I have these...
These I bought at Stitches a couple years ago...the pattern was intricate, but simple to follow....but I quit working on them...I just ripped back to the last knit row.....

These are finished, but look at them...
One is WAY TOO big..and the other is about an inch too short....really want to wear these..so need to fix them....

Most of my socks are on Lantern Moon DPNs...they are my preferred ones..and I buy them whenever I see them on sale.....

I've completed a few pair, but really only one fits me correctly...and yes I am learning as I go along...but I am also making myself finish at least two pair, without starting another pair...

I am in awe of Minding My Own Stitches and her ability with socks....I hope to rise to at least half of her skill....





3 comments:

Paula said...

I've been looking at the Sour Apple socks, trying to figure out why they came out the way they did. I think the heel flap might be a bit too long. That would give you more stitches to pick up than you probably need. I've had that happen before.

Unknown said...

What I noticed were the yummy colors you use! I hope to start on knitting socks soon (or at least try it), it'll be an adventure!

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I am adding the sour apple socks to my queue on Ravelry, they are super pretty!