Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yarn Along...and a WIP

So yesterday was a travel day for me...and I kept wandering into the airport bookstores, I was looking for a knit magazine (I'm addicted to them), but finally decided to download The Yarn Harlot's latest book......and I read 2 of the essays. Then I got to the next airport and found Longbourne in the bookstore......I almost bought the hard copy, but checked and the eBook was a bit cheaper.....

I finished it an hour ago(written Tuesday night)....today was a rest day at my Mom's...she had to work, so I was home by myself....and the book was so good.....if you enjoy Downtown Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs...or are a Jane Austen fan......you will love this book!

This book is about the servants at Longbourne, the home of Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice......the story is interwoven with the P&P story....you meet the Hills and learn their story...and wow, its a doozy!

The main story revolves around Sarah, the first maid, and the new mysterious manservant who comes to Longbourne.......it's very well researched and written.....I highly recommend it! Although it may change your view of some of the beloved characters....or at least see them in a different light.

And in crochet/knitting news...I brought a couple projects with me....and I did try to knit on the plane, but really...the quarters are too cramped for me.......so I'll stick to reading....

But I am getting pretty far on my Vanilla Latte socks...and still working on a secret swap project...


Linking up with Tami and Ginny and Nicole

6 comments:

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I have heard of Longbourne and it is on my 'to read' list for this year!! Sounds like it is worth the read too!

Donna said...

I really want to download the Yarn Harlot's latest book but I have to read what I have already. It's like casting on too many projects at once for me. Very nice colors in your sock yarn!

Heather said...

I haven't heard of Longbourne, but I love Pride and Prejudice, so I think I will have to look for this! I wonder if the library will have a copy...

Sarah said...

Longbourne sounds fun, I'll have to look into that one!

Iris said...

Longbourne sounds interesting - will have a look at it. Might be good summer holiday reading...

Love the colour combination in your socks - delicious! :)

Reinventing Mother said...

Will be looking for that book!