Saturday, December 6, 2014

Stash Saturday

Are you up for another enabling post?  Even though I haven't finished the posts about my New York mini yarn crawl...I'll share what I did buy...

I bought some Woolfolk Far....interesting construction, super soft!
I've been looking for a pattern, originally I thought a hat, but it's so soft, I think a cowl would be nice..

Schoppel-Wollo Zauberball Starke 6....this feels much thicker...they had a bunch of these...and I went with this one..called Blasser Schimmer
I'm thinking thick boot socks...

My most expensive was this one...Skein from Australia...sorry it's very dark..and was hard to take a picture of it...it's called Kaffir Lime
There was another one that I liked, but for some reason, this one was in my hand when I checked out..I'd heard about Skein and just wanted to try it...

Next up..is some Nooch Fiber..in Rhyme..these are inspired from paintings..here's this one 
and the painting, to be honest, not sure where the colors came from?

and then some Swan's Island...cuz the color....
and I've gotten a few club orders...

Claimed!  The Mad Color Walking Dead...in Look at the Flowers...

and Nerd Girl Random Fandom in Blackbeard

and I joined a Holiday Yarns club for Lea Viktoria designs...first up Mozart's Rondo in D Major for Waterkant..
and there is the possibility that more will arrive in the mail today...I know I have a swap package on it's way, another Random Fandom...an order from Simply Socks...a special order yarn....

What have you acquired lately?  Do you buy yarn with a specific project in mind or do you just buy, cuz look.......shiny.......

Sometimes I buy with a project in mind, but to be honest most of the time it's just look...shiny...












3 comments:

Paula said...

Enabling, indeed! I was looking at my People tab in Ravelry and saw you'd added several new yarns to your stash. It was Blackbeard that brought me here to see what else you'd been up to. I like that Australian skein in particular. I'm mildly crazy with yarn. I feed the stash. Then I look for patterns that will use up yarn because the stash is too overstuffed.

Unknown said...

I just got a package in today and it's got yarn for 4 cowls, 3 are presents. 1 for me!!! I buy when I see things I like but mostly buy to a project.

Anonymous said...

Lovely yarn!! Those cards at the end were great too. Thanks for sharing all those beauties!