Saturday, July 9, 2016

Stash Acquisition Saturday

So I posted a Stash Acquisition Saturday from Florida.  I really need to do a post about the yarn store, because I had to STOP myself from going back...it was that awesome!

I got home late, late last night, really early this morning...our plane sat on the tarmac for over an hour because of a thunderstorm...no rain, but lots of thunder and lightening....

And I came home to my clubs and my fibreshare package....so here goes...

Last month of the Joss is Boss club...it was Dr. Horrible based...to be honest, haven't watched much of Dr. Horrible....and I forgot to change my bag choice, not a HUGE fan of the wedge...but the print is fun and I'll use it...The yarn is Wonderflonium, which I have no basis of reference for...but it is on Sidekick, which is 90%SW Targhee/10% nylon and the colors are pleasant, although a bit on the pastely side...I may gift it....I may make a gift with it....we'll see

Now the BAMF club was Gamora based, and I think did her justice...
Then my Random Fandom is Swanky DK...only 230 yards, but of 50% SW Merino/50% silk...and love the colors...here is Hey, Take a Look at the Earthlings, inspired by Independence Day..
I also received an order I did place....
School's Out for Summer and Oil Slick from Witch Candy....

I will be joining Mad Color's next club, as it is Star Wars themed....and see...
I'm a fan...

And I told you I tossed the stash before I left and I pulled some things to send to my Fibreshare partner and can't find them now...*sigh*

I received my package from my partner...(not the same one I send to)...and she did okay...
It seems as if she is a vegan and recycles a bit....so.....I think everything was recycled, regifted, etc...doesn't bother me....the skein in the hank is from a local farm, but there is no further information on it, except I think it's alpaca....the red is a lace weight, which I don't normally use, so I'll have to find a project for it....no info on the brown, except it is alpaca....not disappointed...interesting to see how people interpret...and I don't mind regifted things...

Till next time, because we all know there will be one!







1 comment:

karen said...

gaining any kind of yarn for my stash is fun, looks like you have lots of pretty skeins!! I try when I travel to pick up a skein. Sadly I did not get anything over this weekend trip.